Nearby attractions for kids (and grown-ups)!
Indoor and free:
- Royal Museum of Scotland (literally just round the corner),
- Museums on the Royal Mile (Museum of Childhood, Museum of
Edinburgh, People's Story),
- Greyfriars Kirkyard & statue of Greyfriars Bobby,
- St Giles Cathdral (may be a donation),
- Museum of Banking,
- Storytelling Centre,
- go down the Mound & you're at the National Gallery,
- or there's the City Art Centre & Fruitmarket Galleries,
- lots of shops - so maybe not so free :-)
Indoor and free if you're a National Trust or Historic Scotland member:
- Gladstone's Land,
- Edinburgh Castle (actually this one's quite outdoors too :-)
Indoor with admission fee:
- the two above, if you're not members,
- Camera Obscura,
- Scotch Whisky Experience,
- Tartan Weaving Mill
- The Meadows are a short walk away, a bit further to the playpark
but stlll only say 15 minutes? And it's a good playpark, so possible to
spend a good few hours there.
- Princes St Gardens, a wee bit further but still very close.
- Or just having a wander up & down the Royal Mile,
- Or explore the Grassmarket.
*** more coming soon - please revisit this page ***
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.